Post-baccalaureate studies are for students who have a bachelor’s degree, but want an additional undergraduate degree in Botany, or who want to complete pre-requisites for graduate study at OSU.
Students who want to earn a post-baccalaureate degree in Botany need only to complete the departmental requirements shown on the checklist of required courses. They do not need to take general education classes (the Baccalaureate Core).
Interested students should contact OSU Botany Head Advisor Melanie Link-Perez firstname.lastname@example.org (541) 737-5297
Post-baccalaureate admission is made through the Office of Admissions: Applicants must submit an admission application along with official transcripts of all college work by the application deadline. Generally, applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution. (note: you cannot earn a post-baccalaureate degree in the same field in which you earned your original degree)
- 2.25 accumulated GPA requirements. The GPA is computed on the first baccalaureate degree plus any subsequent credit earned.
- Complete College Algebra and English Composition with a C- or better
- Submit Statement of Objectives of 150 to 200 words with the application
- Botany and Plant Pathology has no additional requirements
- Nonrefundable $60.00 application fee
For more information on how to apply, go to:
General information about life at OSU and Corvallis is found in the BPP Student Handbook.