OSU Logo

Graduate Student Financial Support

Financial support for graduate studies in the Department of Botany and Plant Pathology is available through competitive graduate teaching or graduate research assistantships awarded by the department. The 2014-2015 stipend is $1,867 per month (.40 FTE). These assistantships carry remission of tuition although the student pays about $500 in fees per academic quarter. Support may also be obtained from various graduate fellowship programs. Opportunities for part-time work study employment on research projects are also available.

In addition, Graduate Assistants receive a percentage amount towards their health insurance per academic year. The payment will be issued to the insurance carrier. This amount is 85% of the cost of the insurance and the student will be responsible for the remaining 15% of the cost. The Grad Assistant's enrollment onto the health plan will be a condition of the assistantship and mandatory unless they provide proof of comparable coverage. More information is available from Student Health Services.

2014-2015 tuition and fees for holders of fellowships and for graduate students not on appointments who register for 12 term hours or more, are $4460 per term for residents. Graduate students who are not residents of Oregon and who do not hold a graduate assistantship pay tuition and fees of $7142 per term.

For additional resources, please see the Graduate School 'Financing Your Education' page.

Please print our:

Department Scholarships and Awards flyer

Anita S. Summers Graduate Student Travel Fund