We do our research and extension at facilities both on campus and across the state
The Department of Botany and Plant Pathology has offices, classrooms and well equipped laboratories in Cordley Hall.
- Greenhouse facilities and the Botany Field Lab used for field studies are located nearby.
- The OSU Herbarium, housed in Cordley Hall, is the largest and most active in Oregon, with worldwide collections of vascular plants, bryophytes, algae and fungi, providing public service through its identification and inquiry program.
- The OSU Plant Clinic and OSU Insect ID Clinic are housed in 1089 Cordley Hall.
At Newport, on the Oregon Coast, facilities of the Hatfield Marine Science Center are available for research and instruction.
Branch Experiment Stations are located throughout Oregon. Professors from the department are located at several of these stations.
- Central Oregon Agriculture Research and Extension Center, Madras, OR
- Coastal Oregon Marine Experiment Station, Newport, OR
- Columbia Basin Agricultural Research Center, Pendleton, OR
- Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Center, Burns, OR
- Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Station: Union, Union, OR
- Hermiston Agricultural Research & Extension Center, Hermiston, OR
- Klamath Basin Research & Extension Center, Klamath Falls, OR
- Malheur Experiment Station, Ontario, OR
- Mid-Columbia Agricultural Research and Extension Center, Hood River, OR
- North Willamette Research and Extension Center, Aurora, OR
- OSU Seafood Laboratory, Astoria, OR
- Sherman Station, Moro, OR
- Southern Oregon Research and Extension Center, Central Point, OR
- The Food Innovation Center, Portland, OR