- Extension and Outreach
- Strategic Plan
- News Stories
The Georgia Mason Herbarium Fund was established in 1978 by a gift which was invested to provide funds for a student worker to participate in the day-to-day operating activities of the Herbarium and its programs.
Georgia Mason (1910-2007) received a M.S. in General Science from Oregon State University in 1960. She wrote the Guide to the Plants of the Wallowa Mountains of Northeastern Oregon during the preparation for which, she spent time in the OSU Herbarium and donated several hundred of her collections from the Wallowas.
She served as Acting Herbarium Curator at the University of Oregon, working on the collections made by Lilla Leach, a well known Oregon collector of the 1920's and 1930's whose unmounted herbarium had been donated to the University of Oregon. She also annotated many hundreds of the University of Oregon herbarium sheets with new names in conformity with new floral references such as Flora of the Pacific Northwest (1973).
Georgia Mason's collection of plants from the Eugene area was donated to the University of Oregon Herbarium which is now combined in the Herbarium at Oregon State University.